Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- The Philadelphia Police scanner was poetry after the Eagles' Super Bowl win
As was expected, the city of Philadelphia reacted to their well-earned Super Bowl with brotherly grace and aplomb. LOL, you see it's a funny joke because frankly it's a miracle that place is still standing. It's no surprise the Philly police scanner was a ...
- Hilary Duff reads this poem when she has to spend a lot of time away from her son
The poem reads in part, â€œI donâ€™t expect you to remember or understand the many ways Iâ€™ve kept you alive or the life my love for you has made me liveâ€¦â€ This beautiful poem was given to me from the wonderful peter Herman who plays Charles on @ ...
- Poetess Sunayana Kachroo: From Kashmir to Boston and From Poetry to Writing for Films
WALTHAM, MAâ€“ Sunayana Kachroo has quietly made a name for herself. After publishing her first collection of poems â€œWaqt Se Pare â€“Beyond Timeâ€ in 2013, Kachroo has written songs and dialogues for movies. Recently, Indian singer Sonu Nigam sang a ...
- Why I Write Christian Poetry By Kanisha Parks
Nah." And yes, Iâ€™ve heard and read many a negative remark about Christian poetry: that it â€˜sucks,â€™ isnâ€™t deep enough, doesnâ€™t resonate with the average person, or it doesnâ€™t sell. Youâ€™ll be hard pressed to find a book publisher interested in ...
- On Dirtbiking (based after Billy Collins' On Turning Ten'
like Iâ€™m flying through the air. Nothing can ruin the fun. Iâ€™m free. The faster I go, the better. The higher I go, the better. Iâ€™m free. No worries except for staying on the trail. You tell me I canâ€™t do it. But I wonâ€™t listen. Why should I give ...
- Usable Knowledge - Clint Smith Talks Poetry-QWBiwfFNlVI
- He Pleaded Ignorance - Poem by Kobus Moolman
Such as skin. He did not know the current market value of love. He did not know the lengths a man would go to in order to find deception. He did not know where it all came from. Then he came up out of the water.
- '21 fabulous authors': Perham elementary students pen poetry book
Heart of the Lakes Elementary students in Tracy Hein's second-grade class found that writing a book is a bit more complicated than stringing words together. They learned about poetry styles, wrote multiple revisions to their poems and met a copy deadline.
- â€œTriptych: Dream, Convenience Store, Barâ€ by A.M. Juster
to get them to reflect on something that they might not reflect upon, or to think about something in their lives that they might not think about. In a funny poem just try to give them a little joy, which I think is worthwhile in and of itself.â€ (twitter)
- Critically Acclaimed Author Aaron Ozee to Release Powerful New Childrenâ€™s Book, â€˜Regulusâ€™
For â€œMy Darling Child Shilohâ€ we saw Ozee develop a relationship with ... just five years old and would go onto publish his first book, â€œCelestial Inferno: Poems of Another Realm,â€ at age 15 while still attending Addison Trail High School.
- Russian Teacher Faces Second Trial For Poetry Praising Ukraine
In 2015, Byvshev was sentenced to 300 hours of community service after a court found him guilty of inciting ethnic hatred through his poems. Regional law enforcement officials said in January that they had opened a new investigation over another poem ...
- Community gathers to discuss dreams for inclusion 50 years after the death of Martin Luther King Jr.
The event marks 50 years since Kingâ€™s assassination. The theme of the event was â€œA Dream Deferred,â€ a reference to Langston Hughesâ€™ poem â€œHarlem.â€ Student panelists from Beloit Memorial, Craig and Parker high schools shared their dreams to ...
- Instagram sensation Rupi Kaur doesn't have social media on her phone
Poetry is amazing, and it should be mainstream ... because youâ€™re tired all the time, and then youâ€™re sad all the time. And youâ€™re like, â€œOkay, but why am I sad? Because I feel like x, y, and z has happened, but it hasnâ€™t.â€
- Trumpâ€™s â€˜Irish Proverbâ€™ Appears To Be A Nigerian Poem
A few people sleuthing for the proverb online posted links to Alhassanâ€™s poem, which includes a similar stanza. His poem is featured on PoemHunter, a website that collects famous poems, as well as verses submitted by users. Alhassan submitted his poem in ...
- Science Poetry Contest Winners Announced
Winners of the 2017 Livermore Science Poetry Contest have been announced. The contest was judged by Livermore Poet Laureate Kevin Gunn. This was the first annual science poetry contest. Subscription Required An online service is needed to view this article ...