Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Kim Wall was born to tell stories. I miss my friend's light, and her love
The collection of essays talks about a â€œpoet-philosopher who raises himself above the weight ... He invited us for tea at a friendâ€™s â€“ Gloria, who was in her 60s and trained chickens to perform in shows around Las Vegas. I remember Kim looking ...
- â€˜Where My Activists At?â€™ Inside the First Teen Vogue Summit
Ava Liversidge, 13, started reading Teen Vogue because she aspires to work in fashion ... There would be ice cream before her, and a poetry performance afterward. â€œOld Karishma is not here anymore,â€ said Ms. Bhuiyan, springing up from a beanbag.
- â€œA Strange Sort of Periscopeâ€: John Freeman on Poetry and Politics
A poem is like a tattoo. Do you think the transference of grief into poetry helped you during your motherâ€™s death? I stumbled upon â€œTattooâ€ on a computer I was about to donate and, at first, had no memory of writing the poem. It was as if a ghost ...
- Poetry and literacy event at Deeplish Community Centre
A poetry event took place at Deeplish Community Centre to encourage the local community to understand the importance of education and literature. The evening on 24 December 2016 was arranged in partnership with the Multicultural Resource Centre, and ...
- Spoken word poetry: â€œFirst dateâ€ by Sabrina Benaim
Please enjoy this terrific performance by Sabrina Benaim. Steven Harz was the 2013 winner of the international People's Poetry Contest and is a three-time winner of The Iron Writer Challenge. In his writing, Steven captures the exhilaration, pain ...
- Poetry book up for Oregon Book Award looks at violence
for heightened romantic aura.â€ Danielle Cadena Deulenâ€™s second book of poetry, â€œOur Emotions Get Carried Away Beyond Us,â€ is a finalist for a 2017 Oregon Book Award. (Photo: Special to the Statesman Journal) Who arranges the images defining our ...
- Free therapy through the spoken word: PoetFlow gathers momentum in Ogden
Johnstun found solace in poetry. â€œI honestly feel like it saved my life,â€ she said. In September of 2015, Johnstun contacted The Lighthouse Lounge owners Sue Wilkerson and Tommy Clark and asked if she could hold a weekly spoken word poetry event.
- Poetry Writersâ€™ Group to meet
OWATONNA â€” The Poetry Writersâ€™ Group will meet at the Owatonna Public Library on Tuesday, Jan. 9 from 7-8 p.m. This group meets on the second Tuesday of the month from September through May and is open to anyone interested in writing poetry.
- 10 of the Best Poems about Dreams and Dreaming
What are the best poems about dreams? The word â€˜dreamsâ€™, of course, is ambiguous: it can refer to both the imaginative stories and visions our unconscious creates for us while we sleep, but it can also refer to our ambitions and aspirations. Here, we ...
- Russian teacher stabs best friend to death after arguing over poetry
A Russian school teacher stabbed his best friend to death during an argument about literature, police said. The 53-year-old allegedly knifed his 67-year-old pal after a heated discussion over whether poetry or prose is the better form of writing.
- Spring breakers chant â€˜Build that wallâ€™ during Mexico trip
The American travelers reportedly shouted the sentence while visiting Mexico on a tourist ship. World Poetry Day: The best inspirational poems to get you through the week The group were on board a â€˜Pirate Shipâ€™ attraction during their visit.
- Leadenham woman will publish a collection of essays and poems written throughout her life
A Leadenham woman who had her work published in a book of poetry for the Queen is set to release a book containing her own poems and essays. Dorothy Woollas, 89, lives with her husband Basil, also 89, and will once again become a published author later ...
- In Pearl City, a 'messages of life' wall prompts poetry, inspiration and encouragement
Barbara Balino said personal loss inspired her to write, "Death hurts loved ones, but memories live on and on and not forgotten." Wilmer Briggs used poetry in his Post-It. "Yesterday is gone, forget it. Tomorrow may never come, don't sweat it. Today is ...
- Poetry Reading: Disease S U, by Darrell Herbert
My influence to submit my poetry to get it performed by a professional actor was due to the fact that none of my published poems have been read by someone outside of myself.
- YA readers who like good books must avoid bestselling poet Lang Leavâ€™s tearful fiction debut
It is only going to make vulnerable teenagers write sentences that theyâ€™ll then call poetry. I would urge everyone who has an urge to read Lang Leav to read an article by Joshua Lee, titled The Real Reason Why Lang Leavâ€™s Poetry Is So Toxic.