Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- The Resonant Resistances of Political Poetry
Oakland-based publisher Commune Editionsâ€™ advocacy of community-based ethics animates volumes of poetry by Nanni Balestrini and Heriberto YÃ©pez. Only a few years old, Oakland-based Commune Editions has already published almost twenty volumes and chapbooks.
- God of the Awkward, the Freckled, and the Strange: Day 4
his poetry would not be so powerful. Like mine, it might never have even been written if not for his pain. The 2006 Wheaton Theology Conference set out to gauge the current status of Christian thinking and practice in the arts, as well as seeking to ...
- Dial a Poem from A Vintage Phone at the New Museum in NYC
Walk into the lobby of the New Museum, and youâ€™ll see a small black telephone next to the museum store ... Youâ€™d pick up your telephone, dial a number, and hear one of a dozen poems, either by some of the aforementioned poets or by others.
- â€˜Degas Danse Dessinâ€™: Excerpts From Poet ValÃ©ry's Monograph with Degas's Paintings at MusÃ©e dâ€™Orsay in Paris
Their mutual friend, the symbolist poet StÃ©phane MallarmÃ©, could hardly stand Degas at times, but ValÃ©ry respected him deeply, always coming back to his friendâ€™s talent. â€œAs far as origin is concerned, works seem to be born of a happy encounter of a ...
- Yecheilyahâ€™s First Poetry Contest: Announcing the Runner-Up Winner!
Although I havenâ€™t written much, there is more to come as I have made up for lost time with my poetry this month! My name is Jauâ€™Nelle from DC. I have just gotten back into embracing my love and a sense of purpose with writing, but up until now ...
- Our Favorite Independent Publishers, For The Discerning Bibliophile
Ouroboros Press books are created â€œutilizing the aesthetic of Renaissance ... It would be remiss of me not to mention Sator Press, the publisher of my very own poetry collection, Salt Is For Curing. Founded by Ken Baumann in 2009, Sator aims to ...
- disâ€¢articulations 2017: April poems
I often found a statement among the words but didnâ€™t know what it immediately meant. The context felt dark because my fevered writing was dark â€” a likely reflection of what was happening with the current administrationâ€™s decision to aggress nations ...
- Library leads poet to life of writing
Connor said he started taking poetry seriously when he was in his 20â€™s, but didnâ€™t think he would become a poet. â€œIâ€™m not one of these people who has lots and lots of fine ideas. Anything that Iâ€™ve got to say about the nature of human life or ...
- These Are Our Favorite Signs From The Women's March On Washington
She held a sign that referenced a poem and gave it a twist: "We will not go gently into your dark night". Speaking of protests and marches, the added benefit of a local pussy posse for parents, especially, is that you can share childcare duties while some ...
- Springfield Christian School students create 'Holocaust Memorial Hallway'
Springfield Christian School seventh- and eighth-graders presented ... In addition, the hallway museum featured Holocaust-themed artwork, poetry and short stories. Wamsley said the project goes beyond simply teaching historical facts.
- 55 Adorable Good Morning Messages For Wife
You donâ€™t have to be a poet to write poetry. Simple and honest words straight from the heart can just be the ingredients for romantic poetry. So, here they go â€“ words straight from the heart. 40. â€œDo you know how good it feels to wake up every day
- GARDEN MAIDEN: My gratitude for my crew
Growing food matters. Growing self-respect and awe matters. Nurturing interconnectedness and diversity matters. As you read the following poem, might you find a parallel in your life that you get to express in your garden this season? Thank you ...
- Music In The Making: December Birthday Bash
The poem that inspired the symphonic work also plays an integral role here; Scriabin included it as an epigraph. The text reads: Our final work was, in fact, written to celebrate the composerâ€™s 50th birthday. Jean Sibelius had rapidly established himself ...
- This Is Us' Eight Moments to Make You Ugly Cry: It's the Death You Knew Was Coming
Maybe a day or so at best. â€¦ His organs are shutting down rapidly.â€ We were devastated. A close-to-death William then handed Randall a book of poems entitled â€œPoems for My Son,â€ which he was writing in during an earlier episodeâ€™s flashback.
- Chand Utheche Ful Futeche Rhymes For Children Kids Bengali Poem