Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- She Is My Sister - Poem by Aakash Nengroo
Angry at times..does that matter? I love her a lot...she is my sister... It feels so good to pull her hair... Teasing aside...she is so dear... Pulling her leg is my favourite game... Crinking my nose on hearing her name... Yet she cares for me like the ...
- Baby Poems Crazy Finger Family Brinjal-Gorilla-Carrot-Rio Educational Video for
- How Can We Talk? Confessions of a Disillusioned Red-Cradle Christian
White Christian Trump Voters, I was one of you â€“ a Red-Cradle Christian. But the results of the Christian and Republican values you invested in me have yielded a bitter return in your eyes. How can we listen to each other? How can we talk together?
- 'The Revival: Women and the Word' explores the experiences of queer black women
Nikki Finney struts onto the stage to enthusiastic applause after winning the 2011 National Book Award for Poetry. Finney, an African-American professor, artist and activist, proceeds to give an acceptance speech that the award show host, John Lithgow ...
- this is not another sad love poem
i still think of you everyday, your face still brings me to my knees, i can feel your presence in every room, because the bullets intrude my anatomy every time you even glance at me. even if Iâ€™m not looking back. love has always been a hollow ribcage for ...
- Edwidge Danticat writes into the unknown in â€˜The Art of Deathâ€™
Danticatâ€™s is a memoir written in a manner akin to the circular, overlapping and overwhelming processes of grief and mourning; she layers her story with other poems, memoirs, novels and essays about death, scaling the personal to wider-ranging political ...
- Poetry Friday: â€œPsalm as Frustration I Can Live Withâ€
Like the biblical psalms, Nicholas Samarasâ€™s â€œPsalm as Frustration I Can Live Withâ€ speaks for the human condition. And, like many of the biblical psalms, Samarasâ€™s psalm finds the human condition one of being thrust between opposite experiences.
- Activists Who Criticized Government Vanish in Pakistan
Salman Haider went out with friends that evening and never came home, his brother added. He was known for writing left-leaning poetry and for criticizing what he alleged was the government's failure to protect minorities. Haider's wife received a text ...
- 10 Online Tools to Engage Kids in Writing
Julie Petersen joins us today to share 10 really great online tools for getting kids more engaged in writing. We all know getting kids to write is a struggle sometimes, and these tools will help maâ€¦
- Announcing the Release of Telos and Other Psychographs, a Book of Poetry by Euphrates Moss
CITY, STATE (Fall, 2016) â€”Euphrates Moss, a young philosopher and poet, offers a diverse collection of transformative poems, short play-like dialogues, and essays in his first book, Telos and Other Psychographs. Written from varied perspectives using a ...
- A poem to highlight dangers of idling cars
When the air is inverted and the stockings are hung, / the gifts are wrapped and the tinsel well flung; / keep the car in its port and save your breath / for friends and family and another yearâ€™s health. / So, if you like to idle just remember the cost ...
- Kinderwhore And Courtney Love: A Retrospective
I have a funny memory of being 14 in an Express Peter Pan collar dress, standing on my Sailor Moon bedset, screeching weird poetry. Sure ... Consequently, my teen development happened at the peak of â€œgrungeâ€ on â€˜90s Gen X MTV, much to the dismay ...
- Looking for a holiday book? Latino writers recommend their favorite picks
Also, the book is hella funny." --Erika L. SÃ¡nchez ... She is proud of her family, she shows us her family through photos and poems. Each poem acts like a photograph, intimate, raw, and unscripted.â€ --Javier Zamora, author of Unaccompanied.
- â€˜Death cafesâ€™ offer venue to frankly discuss lifeâ€™s finitude
A death cafe held about once every two months in Sendai is also aimed at preventing isolation. With music and poetry recitations performed in the interval between discussions, the cafe provides an atmosphere anyone can enjoy. The cafe is hosted by 48-year ...
- Local People, Local Stories: Deb's on a journey to heal others
DEB Louis moved to Biloela when she was 13. "I started writing poetry at this time and won a prize in the Writer's Guild for open prose in a Rockhampton competition,â€ Deb said. "I was also published in Grassroots magazine, a Melbourne publication.