Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Cycling In Cemeteries? Why Some Chicago Graveyards Are Changing Their Rules About Bicycles
â€œAnd they were really popular for that: People had picnics there, took walks with their sweethearts, wrote romantic poetry.â€ Sounds a lot more lighthearted than the cemeteries we know today. And thereâ€™s a reason for that. Around the turn of the 20th ...
- 'He will be missed every day': Ladies of London's Caroline Fleming shares heartfelt poem as her father loses battle with cancer
My father was a remarkable gentleman and will be missed every day,' she wrote alongside the poem which she received from a friend. She captioned the poem: 'I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your very kind and loving condolences ...
- Ten years on from Tony Wilson's death his indomitable spirit and legacy run through the city
A decade after the death of â€˜Mr Manchesterâ€™, his indomitable spirit still ... There was music of course, but there was design in Peter Saville, poetry and abstract art. He signed record deals in blood and famously told acts that they owned everything ...
- The Romance of Lust : A classic Victorian erotic novel
An unabashed portrait of a classic erotic drama, it is considered by critics of the form ... His notable publications include magazines The Pearl, which published poems thought to have been written by Algernon Charles Swinburne, The Oyster, The Boudoir ...
- â€˜Landlineâ€™ Director on Reuniting With â€˜Obvious Childâ€™ Star Jenny Slate, the Poetry of Gritty â€™90s New York
The 2014 comedy â€œObvious Childâ€ brought together the stars and creative team behind the Sundance film â€œLandline.â€ The â€œObvious Childâ€ trio of Jenny Slate, Gillian Robespierre, and Liz Holm reunited on the project, which â€œLandlineâ€ stars ...
- Steve Israel: Unite in the fight to end homelessness, child hunger
He barely can move, but he writes poetry that enlightens us with its embrace of life ... â€œWhy does the United States of America have homeless people and hungry children?"
- From Marcy Projects To Hollywood: JAY-Z Reflects On Inspiring Career In New Poem
JAY-Z Reveals The Meaning Behind Sir And Rumi Carterâ€™s Names The poem and its accompanying visual reflect on Hovâ€™s humble beginnings in the Brooklyn projects, illustrating the challenges he faced as a young black boy. But as the video cuts to dark and ...
- Love Story: The Light Still Shines In Their Eyes
Now 94 and married 70 years, Esther continues to recite poems to Edwin every night at Avery Heights. With her eyes twinkling, her smile broadening, and her posture erect, she passionately spoke the words of a love poem by HernÃ¡ndez to Edwin a few nights ago.
- Nicolaj Coster-Waldau deems popular Game of Thrones fan theory â€œtoo obviousâ€
It has a grim sort of poetry to it, doesnâ€™t it ... people are still reeling with surprise from events like Ned Starkâ€™s death, the Red Wedding, and the revelation of Hodorâ€™s origin. But itâ€™s embraced the obvious at times, too.
- Spending Take Your Poet to Work Day In and Out of Pocket
(My suggestion: if he jumps out, just throw the chicken at him. Works every time.) Robert Frost taking the road less traveled on his way home from Take Your Poet to Work Day #poettowork pic.twitter.com/6Os2hqJfgD
- 89th birthday of Ibn-e-Insha being celebrated today - Daily Pakistan
Daily Pakistan89th birthday of Ibn-e-Insha being celebrated todayDaily PakistanLAHORE (Staff Report) â€“ The 89th birthday of eminent Urdu poet and travelogue writer Ibn-e-Insha is being celebrated on Wednesday (today). Ibne Insha's real name was Sher Muhammad Khan and he was born in Jalandhar district of Indian Punjab in 1927.
- This Yearâ€™s List of Pulitzer Prize Winners Is Full of Melanin
The coveted award honors outstanding achievements in Journalism and the Arts, and this year Black writers showed out in multiple ... Poet and professor Tyehimba Jess took home the poetry prize for his seminal collection, Olio, which â€œpresents the sweat ...
- Cook: Cell phone, toilets and emerald resurrection
Next Sunday, I'll write about your magnificent response. But first, poetry. Every so often, a reader's poem will reach my desk. I hold onto them, until the time comes to share them with you. Enjoy. One day, Howard Brown dropped his phone into the toilet.
- 5 Things TO DO in Scituate (Sept. 7 - 13)
All attendees will take turns reading "The Courtship of Miles Standish," a dramatic Victorian poem, by the homeâ€™s 18th century hearth ... about opportunities to perform in upcoming live events (teens love these events). This free, two-part writing ...
- Todd Colby on Writing, Poetry, Art and Drunken Boat
Weâ€™ve been fans of Todd Colby for a long time. Heâ€™s one of the most creative people we know. Heâ€™s always making something: art, poetry, mayhem. So when we saw that his new book, Time for History, is out, we picked his fertile brain. Todd Colby: The ...