Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Missed Connections: The Lunch Counter Where I Often Showed Up In Your Bed
The Missed Connections forum on Craigslist is a wasteland of terrible poetry, dick pics, and whining, but among the detritus are some truly fascinating, funny, and occasionally sweet entries. The following are highlights from the Western Mass Missed ...
- Wednesday Poetry Prompts: 405
Like usual, feel free to get creative with your interpretations of the prompt. The new 2018 Poetâ€™s Market, edited by Robert Lee Brewer, includes hundreds of poetry markets, including listings for poetry publications, publishers, contests, and more!
- Poetry from the Heart: How to Express Feelings through Music
Online PR News 03-April-2017 Madison, WI Memories from the past that cannot be forgotten and feelings that soothe the heart and can just be expressed by music, says Author Ken Jackson, who teaches his readers the power of music and poetry combined.
- Vietnam veterans share poetry and prose at Asheville Community Theatre, Oct. 7
Asheville Community Theatre is pleased to present a reprise of Brothers Like These, a staged reading of prose and poetry produced by the creative writing program for Vietnam veterans at the Charles George VA Medical Center. Brothers Like These will be ...
- A Micro-Climate of Imagery: Mark Roberts reviews â€˜The List of Last Remainingâ€™ by Louise Nicholas
The List of Last Remaining is a carefully structured book. It starts and end with family, of parents and children. The opening poem, with the forbidding title â€˜Coffin Bayâ€™, relates a memory of when she thought her parents were feared lost at sea.
- Q&A with poet Christopher Howell about â€œLoveâ€™s Last Numberâ€
Q: Do you typically split your collections into sections? A: Yes, because you have so many poems together and you look at them and certain themes emerge or certain poems or groups of poems converse somewhat with one another. You want to get them next to ...
- Circle Round, prose poem by Angela Cannon-Crothers (LOST AND FOUND Poetry and Prose Series)
The Appalachian Trail in Vermont. My first child was born in Vermont. I was married in Vermont, on a hill top. A simple ceremony: Justice of the Peace, a witness, two gold rings. Six years later I am the mother of two and freshly fleshed from divorce ...
- Christian Poem for Fatherâ€™s Day
This Fatherâ€™s Day poem was submitted by one of our readers. You are welcome to print it for use privately or in your church. We ask that it not be reproduced for any commercial venture without her consent.
- How does john Donne comfort his lover about separation in the poem "sweetest love I do not goe"?
The poet tells his beloved that he is not leaving because he is tired of the relationshipâ€”instead, he must go as a duty. After all, the sun departs each night but returns every morning, and he has a much shorter distance to travel.
- â€˜The funny people of Sri Lankaâ€™ wins first Edward Lear Prize for poetry
The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful pea green boat They took some honey, and plenty of money Wrapped up in a five-pound note.â€™ These are the opening lines of Edward Learâ€™s most famous poem, â€˜The Owl and the Pussycatâ€™. Edward Lear ...
- BrontÃ« Talk with Simon Zonenblick
Simon will also be reading excerpts from BrontÃ« poetry and prose, poems about the BrontÃ«s by himself and others, and taking a special look at Branwell in particular as we approach the bicentenary of the talented but troubled poet and painter, who lived ...
- The Mystery And History Within "The Poetry Of Place"
They all come together through photography in a new exhibit at the Cincinnati Art Museum titled The Poetry of Place, which features landscapes, buildings, and a mix of the two in order to explore the way setting moves us. Eighteen black and white ...
- Prince Jackson Writes Michael Jackson a Birthday Poem
Today (Aug. 29th, 2016) would have been Michael Jacksonâ€™s 58th birthday, and to commemorate the occasion, oldest son Michael Jackson Jr. (who goes by Prince Jackson) shared a heartfelt poem on Monday morning. â€œHappy birthday to the Man who was more ...
- Do You Want Money, Fame, Honor, or Love? A Story from My Middle School Students to Inspire Youâ€¦
Graciaâ€™s poem had been personal, insightful, and powerful beyond measure. She deserved to take home the drawing. Given the choice between money, honor, and fame, this student from my most rambunctious class had chosen love. Would we do the same?
- Robyn & Shane
06 St Chads Place Wedding Reception Paul Joseph Photography | Catherine Deane ... My friend Annabel did a gorgeous reading of a short love poem called â€˜Before There Was Youâ€™ by Lang Leav and then our friend Mark read the lyrics to â€˜Rabbitâ€™ by ...