Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Love Island 2017: Chris Hughes and Kem Cetinay write poems to describe their feelings
Things get very loved up on Love Island 2017 tonight as the final four couples enjoy their last night in the villa. During the day, the islanders were tasked with laying their hearts on the line and drafting a declaration of love for their partner.
- Don Juan by Lord Byron â€“ An Analysis of the First Canto
The Romantic era in poetry is generally thought to span from 1780 to 1830. Byron was born in 1788 and is considered a major poet of the Romantic period. Most critics consider Don Juan his masterpiece. This article analyzes a fragment from the first canto.
- Gastroparesis: A Poem About the 'Stomach Flu' That Never Goes Away
Your stomachâ€™s doing flips. You canâ€™t keep down your food. When you canâ€™t take anymore Your friend says something rude. â€œCome on, you donâ€™t look sick. Youâ€™ll feel better when youâ€™re out. Just take this vitamin and Youâ€™ll be healed without a ...
- FREE [DOWNLOAD] Weebook(Let): Poems and Pictures Mike Clyburn For Ipad
- 'Y'all Are Demons': An Investigation Into a Patch and Who Stole It
Leste, a â€œbi-annual risograph-printed erotic magazine,â€ would have you believe the latter ... It reads â€œWHEN WOMEN SPEAK IT IS MOSTLY POETRYâ€â€”a phrase that originally appeared on a poster written by Leste editor Sara Sutterlin that accompanied ...
- 'Love Beats Rhymes' is poetry in motion picture
Azealia Banks plays an aspiring rapper who learns the true power of spoken word in 'Love Beats Rhymes.' USA TODAY
- George Michaelâ€™s boyfriend Fadi Fawaz finally opens up about singerâ€™s death with a heartbreaking poem â€“ 'I find myself in hell'
And since the Wham! singerâ€™s tragic passing, Fadi himself has kept a particularly low profile â€“ especially since facing hostility from Georgeâ€™s family and friends. But for the first time, Fadi has laid bare his pain and heartbreak over the loss of ...
- Communication Problems Demolish Relationships! New Bestseller Unveils Poetry to Romantically Communicate With Significant Other!
In Orlando Ceaserâ€™s new bestseller, I Wake up Wanting You ~ Pledges, poetry and promises for Lovers Only, Ceaser states that it should come as no surprise that a couple having communication issues often affect a coupleâ€™s romantic and intimate encounters.
- 'Life Is a Poem' festival opens in Beijing
, an annual cultural festival in Beijing that features concerts, art exhibitions, workshops and flee markets, kicked off at Tianqiao Performing Arts Center on Saturday. The opening ceremony was attended by Taiwan folk singer Hu De-fu, better known as Ara ...
- News Poetry: Wildfire Blues
Like this story? Steal it! Feel free to republish it in part or in full, just please give credit to The Colorado Independent and add a link to the original. Got a tip? Story pitch? Send us an e-mail. Follow The Colorado Independent on Twitter. Bridget ...
- This Compton Native Is L.A.'s New Poet Laureate
The book, a meditation on the black female figure through time, was later awarded the 2015 National Book Award for poetryâ€”the first time the award had gone to a debut collection in more than four decades. â€œThe role of the L.A. Poet Laureate is two-fold ...
- Adrienne Rich: Poetry and Politics
How are our private negotiations and sensibilities swayed and bruised, how do we make love â€” in the most intimate and in the largest sense â€” how (in every sense) do we feel? How do we try to make sense? I have never believed that poetry is an escape ...
- Reading List: April 2017
the first/second collections of poets who are newly shaping the American landscape. Because I am spending the spring in Venice, living in a small apartment just off the Giudecca Canal in Dorsoduro, I have been rereading (strategic hyperbole here ...
- Did Not Offer Chandigarh Teen a Job: Google Clarifies
Here's your chance! This Independence Day, khul ke bol with BOLâ€“ Love your Bhasha. Sing, write, perform, spew poetry â€“ whatever you like â€“ in your mother tongue. Send us your BOL at email@example.com WhatsApp it to 9910181818.)
- Sept. 13: Twin Poets: Changing Hearts and Minds Performance
Their spoken word poetry tackles social justice issues while entertaining and engaging audiences. With more than 30 years of experience serving families and children in Wilmington, the Twin Poets share their stories with heart and compassion. Be prepared ...