Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Aaron Giovannone on Poets & Wealth at Walrus
prominent Romantic writers positioned themselves and their art outside of society as a kind of â€œa defensive reaction,â€ according to British scholar Raymond Williams, which culminated in the movementâ€™s belief about â€œthe separation of poets from ...
- Two International Superstar Chefs Are Opening Their First American Outposts This Fall
The space: Two floors in the â€œCubesâ€ at 3 Bryant Park, with 13,000 square feet, 450 seats, and an outdoor garden and terrace. The menu: An 8Â½-by-11-inch picture book with a separate page, image, and line of prose or poetry for each dish.
- 'This Is Us': Sterling K. Brown breaks down the sad road to 'Memphis'
More than just a book of poetry, he left his son with a connection to his biological ... Life has to be everything. It can't be all sad. It can't be all peaches and cream. Because the lows have you appreciate the highs. And the highs give you perspective ...
- Moby Dick Marathon â€“ Celebrating An American Literary Classic
The Marathon celebrates what many consider to be one of the finest works in American literature â€“ and Melvilleâ€™s ... and he moved on to short stories, poetry and other novels. Then, around the 1920s, readers began to take a second look.
- Eva Bradley: Books have sad last chapter - New Zealand Herald
Eva Bradley: Books have sad last chapterNew Zealand HeraldAlthough I've turned out many books from my home in recent years, I have a set of dog-eared favourites (poetry books from English 101, my complete set of Marian Keyes chick-lit) that I pick up fondly now and again and look upon as old friends. While ...
- Mother's Drug Is Love, Her Son's Was Heroin - WBKB-TV
WBKB-TVMother's Drug Is Love, Her Son's Was HeroinWBKB-TVHe was an excellent writer, he wrote poetry, short stories, he was an excellent, excellent writer and a lot of the feedback I've gotten is that they wish there was more of Dane. But yeah, his ... "He was, you know, the love of my life, he was my son ...and more »
- TEEN POETRY: 'Country Home And Faith'
To love what is natural, different and real inside a person ... It sees spring for what it is, life reborn, growth evolving; poetry in color. As our road darkens, and our faith is shaken, we remember the strength of this single flower.
- Two dying memoirists wrote bestsellers about their final days. Then their spouses fell in love.
They gossiped about the private Facebook group Hot Young Widows Club and shared poetry. He sent her Philip Larkin's "When ... they watched the last sunset of a sad, happy, and surprising year. Maxine Waters to skip the State of the Union: 'What does ...
- Late Tamil poet Inqulabâ€™s family declines Sahitya Akademi Award
but the family of late Tamil poet Inqulab has decided not to accept the award. Inqulab, who was born as Shahul Hameed, won the Sahitya Akademi Award in Tamil for his collection of poems titled Kaandhal Naatkal. â€œMy father was not running behind any award.
- The First Time Tyson Ritter Heard 'Swing Swing' on the Radio Was Magical
I was the funny guy who had all the girl friends ... And ... the rest of the night was poetry." Tyson follows up with, "I mean, it probably wasn't even good. I honestly don't remember. I just remember what she looked like naked, and I was like, 'Oh ...
- Sex tape or Future and Audre Lorde fall in love
- â€˜Ghalib Ka Hai Andaz-E-Bayan Aurâ€™: Remembering Mirza Ghalib and His Immortal Poetry on His 220th Birth Anniversary
Letâ€™s take a dozen of his most famous ghazals to give a taste of his poetry, which spanned both simple and complex ... If this makes you reach out an Urdu speaking friend, "bazeecha-e-atfal" means children's playground and was a phrase he introduced ...
- 'A Quiet Passion' explores the contradictions of poet Emily Dickinson's life
The writer-director wisely uses the poet's life to explore the stifling societal norms ... Emily's quick-witted, independent best friend, Vryling Buffam (Catherine Bailey), provides much of the comic relief, with her barbed repartee and outrageous views.
- Poetry and Jobs
No one seems particularly disturbed to find someone close by reading about death and poetry. The girl sitting next to me is probably too preoccupied too notice as she switches between her phone, her book (I wish sheâ€™d hold it at a different angle â€“ it ...
- Flash Fiction: A list of places to submit your work
100 words for your story â€¦ no more or no less. Tell a story, write a prose poem, pen a slice of your memoir, or try your hand at an essay. You get 100 wordsâ€”exactly 100 wordsâ€”which is both the pain and the pleasure here. Itâ€™s short, you tell yourself.