Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- A look back at the year in Seacoast arts
Fogel, the current New Hampshire Poet Laureate, and Andrew Fersch, NHYPL interim organizer, who together hatched the idea, and with the Poetry Society of New Hampshire developed the Youth Laureate program. They wanted to launch the program with a teen with ...
- Rebecca Colbyâ€™s Top Ten Book List
The Wilkin Sisters extended the original poem and made it into a book. I couldnâ€™t exactly relate to the bad little girl as a child as bad behaviour wasnâ€™t well-tolerated in my family, but I did find her behaviour fascinating, if not shocking.
- Locally published poetry magazine goes live
But when he came up with the idea for the magazine eight months ago, it was the first time he'd ever been on the editing side of poetry. He began reaching out to friends who he thought would be interested in helping edit and publish the works.
- Form It: A Bear Poetry Prompt
1. Consider how you are feeling today, as you approach your topic. Are you sorrowful? Overflowing with joy or good humor? Maybe youâ€™re in a snarky frame of mind. Or feeling perplexed. Perhaps youâ€™re just in the mood to tell a story or express gratitude ...
- Dara Horn on the Great Yiddish Poem About... Kentucky
The poem opens with a canto titled â€œAfter the Civil War ... To Joshâ€™s dismay, his children merge with the landscape too, enjoying church socials; one son elopes with a Christian girl. But startlingly, Kentokiâ€™s assimilation tale turns out to ...
- Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding - The Perfect Marriage
No longer turning to the tryst with flying feet. We know the toil that now must come will spoil the bloom And tenderness of passion's touch, and in its room Will come tame habit, deadly calm, sorrow and gloom. Oh, how the battle sears the best who enter life!
- The Wedding â€“ Author Glenda Higgins
Her start as a poet surprised her. She took a poetry-writing course. Two hundred poems wrote themselves in a furious manner, in two weeks. This led to performing poetry in cafes and on the radio and about three hundred more poems.
- River City Nomads present local poetry Sunday in Salida
The River City Nomads will present their poetry at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Salida SteamPlant Paquette Gallery, 220 W. Sackett Ave. The group is composed of Laurie James, Lynda La Rocca, Lawton Eddy and Craig Nielson, all of Salida, and Peter Anderson of Crestone.
- Of mother and daughter: Bond of poems and sketches
The illustrations are in black and white. They look simple but they are not. I have put in a lot of hard work to it. â€œShe approved of many at first go, but many had to be worked on again and again.â€ Poetry, Jessica felt, is hard to sell. â€œWhen I ...
- A poem to Mary Robinson (who died a senseless death June 16)
Devoted and loyal to a fault, in the making of living amends to her family and in service to her friends. She was my friend, She was my teacher, She was my companion, She was my friend. â€œAnd the Wind screams Mary.â€
- Click Interviewâ€™ with Deleyaman: â€˜Music Is A An Honest Friend You Can Be With When You Are All Aloneâ€™
His poem had a place in the album and speaks of what it takes to ... what did you ask him to play or did he got total freedom on the songs? Aret: Brendan is a friend. We met about a year and a half ago when he moved to France. Since then, weâ€™ve been ...
- Letâ€™s all take a knee to stand for justice and to pray for a return to decency
The president continues to treat abuses of African-American people as acceptable ... strength for all of us â€” football players and factory workers; politicians and poets â€” to remember what is normal, what is honorable, what is ethical, what we can ...
- â€˜Look & Seeâ€™ Is a Love Letter to Family Farming, Rural America and Wendell Berry
Heâ€™s published more than 40 books in genres as diverse as lyric poetry, political essays ... preferring to grow vegetables and raise sheep on his family farm rather than participate in movies or magazine profiles. Last year, when the New York Times ...
- Superheroes and prose: Poet Gary Jackson to read at DG Wills
I'm currently writing poems about family and diaspora and being biracial: my mother is half black and Korean, and I lived in Anyang, South Korea for a little over a year, so I've been exploring those collisions of culture for awhile now. But see ...
- Do Not Make Me Promise - Poem by ABRAHAM AMANING
Do you promise to love me? No I do not promise to love you. Do you promise to hold me even when I turn gray? No not until you turn gray. Will that love exist even in death? No, for what has life got to do with death? Do you promise to be my knight in ...