Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Rigoberto GonzÃ¡lez grew up in a family of immigrant farmworkers. Now he writes award-winning books
In 1980, I arrived with my family to the U.S.-Mexico border from MichoacÃ¡n with ... GonzÃ¡lez, an award-winning poet and author of a dozen books of prose and poetry, is professor of English at Rutgers-Newark and one of the L.A.Timesâ€™ critics at large.
- Damien Balassone: Four Poems
Free access to Quadrant Online. Online edition of Quadrant Magazine, including iPad compatible PDF downloads of magazine. Free access to all Quadrant Archives. Printed edition of Quadrant magazine. Free access to Quadrant Online, including iPad compatible ...
- 22 of the Best Magazines for Kids to Add to Your Classroom Library
Here are 22 of the best magazines for kids for everyone from kindergarten through high school: Every page of Ladybug is beautiful, colorful, and a delight to read. Each issue is filled with charming characters, activities, songs, poems, and stories.
- Free Pop-Up Outbound Poetry Festival Heads To 30th Street Station April 10-21
Roses are red, violets are blue, itâ€™s time for some poetry â€” and music, too! From April 10 through 21, Amtrakâ€™s 30th Street Station will be more than an architecturally beautiful space for people in transit. The iconic railroad station is set to host ...
- Love, Loss & Life: Poetry by Javed Akhtar & His Grandfather
In 2015, his grandson, poet and lyricist Javed Akhtar released a collection of poems by Khairabadi. According to reports, none of Khairabadiâ€™s poems were published during his lifetime and most of his work was lost over time. On the other hand, ...
- Dick and Dom are coming to Bristol this week as part of massive Hoo-Ha family festival
Dahlâ€™s timeless collection of hilarious, dastardly and fantastic poetry is brought to life on stage with live ... Festival, the venue is throwing a ginormous shindig for all the family to round things off.Everyoneâ€™s favourite CBeebies presenter and ...
- Illustration Inspires Poems About Home
Write a story or poem based on this illustration by Ava Kendrick of Harwood ... You have nothing you will gain. Yes, my friend, now I must go. I pray you donâ€™t cave in. And if you do, someone will turn you into a cabin. All right, my friend.
- McKinley students showcase their writing during â€˜Poetry in the Parkâ€™
After-school Program Culminates in Day of Art and Poetry in Narrows Botanical Garden On Sunday, June 11, sixth, seventh and eighth grade William McKinley I.S. 259 students, in collaboration with the Narrows Botanical Garden (NBG) in Bay Ridge, presented ...
- Kerry Trautman publishes third poetry book
LIMA â€” Kerry Trautman, a Lima native currently living in Findlay, has published her third poetry chapbook entitled â€œArtifacts,â€ available from NightBallet Press. Trautman was nominated for a Pushcart Prize for her poem â€œPixie Cutâ€ recently.
- Santa not as customer-friendly as he used to be
With apologies to Clement Moore, this admittedly substandard attempt at mock poetry does rather accurately sum up the buying method of choice for millions during this and recent Holiday seasons. Itâ€™s easy to understand why. It saves travel to several ...
- Five-year-old cancer patient Eileidh Paterson has â€˜dream weddingâ€™ with BFF after adding it to her bucket list
A TERMINALLY ill five-year-old girl has ticked off â€œdream weddingâ€ from the top of her bucket list after ... Eileidhâ€™s sister Cerys, then read a poem which ended with the words â€œeven if we are apart, I will always be with youâ€.
- Nature and Place Poetry competition
She is a writer and a blogger living in Maynooth. She writes fiction and non-fiction as well as poetry and is widely published in Ireland and abroad, in magazines, anthologies and on the radio. She fits this around her family and a full time job ...
- Iconic literary journal New Ceylon Writing re-launched online after 32-year lapse
Prose (includes stories and reviews): Please submit either one prose piece up to 2500 words, or two pieces of short fiction up to a maximum of 1000 words per story. Poetry: Please submit up to three poems. Each poem should have a maximum line count of 50 ...
- Monthly forum for gifted children to be held
He also advised children to manage their time well between academic commitments and the arts. A number of activities are featured in the forums including fine art, storytelling, music, and poetry.
- Cheer Up, Dear Friend - Poem by Jeanette Telusma
Please boost up your mind, body, and soul. Cheer up! ! ! All is well and will continue to be well. Mighty God, Jehovah Gibbor... the God that wars on your behalf. He is the one that will protect, shield, and comfort you. Where is your fight? Don't succumb ...